From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Pixie does not run.
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:20:10
1 > pixie: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdpstk.so.0: undefined symbol:
2 > DPSDefaultErrorProc
3
4 A google search for libdpstk indicates that this is a core library for x11
5 with some references to it being obsolete. I've got one for my xorg-x11
6 install, so it must not be too obsolete...
7
8 A google search for DPSDefaultErrorProc brought back a pointer to the header
9 file xc/include/DPS/dpsclient.h which seems to indicate that
10 DPSDefaultErrorProc is the default error handler for postscript error
11 reporting. Being that it's the default, it definitely should be in the
12 libs...
13
14 Using the nm tool with find, I see that the DPSDefaultErrorProc is marked as
15 undefined in libdpstk.so, but appears to be defined in libdps.so.
16
17 So it would appear that you have some sort of linking issue going on...
18
19 For a quick fix I'd suggest trying to build pixie manually and ensure that
20 you include a -ldps in your LDFLAGS.
21
22 Whether it's a bug or not in the ebuild I couldn't venture to guess.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list