From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:46:44
1 It has been discussed before and IMHO should not change.
2
3 Please if you want to discuss go somewhere else like IRC.
6 On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:10:48 -0400
7 Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov wrote:
8
9 > It has come to my attention that "Reply-To" Munging is not a good idea
10 > to have on mailing lists:
11 > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html .
12 > For example, in my gmail account I see something like this in the
13 > (prettified) header of each message from Gentoo's mailing lists:
14 >
15 > From: Marco Fabbri <spiff1281@×××××.com> Mailed-By: gentoo.org
16 > Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
18 >
19 > and when I click "Reply" ("Reply to all" option does not exist for
20 > Gentoo mailing lists) it automatically replies to the list rather than
21 > the author of the thread.
22 >
23 > Who is in charge of the mailing lists and would be the best person to
24 > suggest this to? Should I send this to a different gentoo-* list?
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
29 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list