From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IDE/ATAPI ZIP drive - howto
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:53:48
1 On 4 Jan, Kyle Bader wrote:
2 > Any change in kernel configuration or did you copy your old config and
3 > run make oldconfig?
4
5 The problem seem to be that beginning with kernel 2.6.30 the ide-scsi
6 interface (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI) has been dropped.
7 Probably the new kernels are broken with the ATAPI floppy support.
8
9 I'll have to find out how to use a PATA driver for the ZIP drive.
10
11 Helmut.