From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 bugs update
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:39:57
1 090930 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > 090930 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> split screen mode -- yes, mb useful, but similar to tabs
4 > I can't see the point of this: it just shows the same output twice.
5 > If it were two terminals side by side,
6 > so you could run a command in one while tailing a log file in the other,
7 > it would be extremely handy, especially with SSH
8 > Or am I doing something stupid?
9
10 You will get what you want, if you have 2 tabs open;
11 you can see multiple tabs by splitting the window more than once.
12 So I will add this feature to my 'yes' column, making 3 in all (smile).
13
14 However, the "help" -- hiding away at the far R of the menubar (ugh!) --
15 doesn't explain it correctly :
16
17 Splits all the tabs into left and right views
18 Any output on one view is duplicated in the other view.
19
20 Yet another gripe re KDE 4 is the very scanty help available.
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca