From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System bell
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:55:58
1 David Morgan wrote:
2
3 >On 11:18 Fri 31 Mar , Teresa and Dale wrote:
6 >>Same here. I just thought it was me changing something and not
7 >>remembering it. It used to work though. I suspect a etc-update somewhere.
12 >Ahh, you weren't clear about whether or not it had stopped working or
13 >had never worked.
14 >
15 >Does it work when you aren't running X? And in X try running `xset b` (I
16 >don't know anything about KDE though, you might like to try running
17 >something else when trying to track down the problem (twm would do)).
22 Keep in mind that I am not the thread starter. I am just noticing the
23 same thing. I think it changed when I upgraded to KDE 3.5 from KDE
24 3.4. I'm not positive though. I don't upgrade my kernel to often. I
25 don't reboot enough for all that.
26
27 Dale
28 :-)