From: Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge problems
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:59:28
1 2006/8/27, gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com>:
2 >
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > Bryan Whitehead wrote:
7 > > It is most likely a problem with your own build enviroment or bad use
8 > > flags. Post the errors you are having to this group so we can see the
9 > > build problems.
10 > >
11 > > Before you do that, try running "repdev-rebuild".
12 >
13 > I don't know if the OP is having the same problem, but I've noticed that
14 > a lot of packages will fail on the md5 checksum or on the file size
15 > check. Usually, wiping out the distfile, and/or switching mirrors
16 > solves the problem. But lately, the next mirror in line will have the
17 > same issue.
20 No, the problems I have/d is that lots of servers doesn't have the packages
21 at all. Then continuing to the next mirror with the same result. Crafty (a
22 chess engine) didn't install for 3 days- but just now, when I needed the
23 error message, it installed (figures). Same with kuroo of course...
26 Regards,
27
28 Martin S