From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB automount with LXDE
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:23:34
1 On 11/17/2011 11:37 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:07:11 +0100, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
3 >> When I need to mount a removable USB device on LXDE (~amd64) I currently
4 >> manually issue the mount command. What do I need to do to make
5 >> automounting possible?
6 >
7 > The simplest option is to emerge uam.
10 Thanks to all, summarizing:
11
12 1. udev rules: mounts automatically, with pmount can do non-root un-mounting
13 2. mdev: according to the man page works only at system boot
14 3. uam: does not require fiddling with udev rules but cannot un-mount
15
16 I suppose I'll go with 1.
17
18 Next question: will pcmanfm automatically display an icon for the newly
19 mounted media and delete it once it is unmounted?
20
21 raffaele