From: masterprometheus <masterprometheus666@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Binary install distro
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:42:33
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > This is maybe a bit off topic but here goes. I want to install Linux
6 on
7 > my brothers rig. The heat sink on the CPU is not much, OEM type. I
8 > don't want to install Gentoo because of that and it is a older rig with
9 > a slow CPU and not a lot of ram either. So, what is a easy to install
10 > distro that has KDE4, Seamonkey, gtkam, GIMP and such? I want
11 something
12 > easy because I want to install and leave it be until he can get a new
13 > rig built. Then I'll be installing Gentoo for a more permanent
14 install.
15 >
16 > I looked at Kubuntu, Ubuntu and tried to install Mandriva. Mandriva
17 got
18 > to a point and just froze up on me. I tried three times and it did the
19 > same thing each time so no clue what is going on there.
20 >
21 > Ideas?
22
23 You can try Mepis and Pardus :