From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -uDN world" minus one package
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 14:46:40
1 Hello Jesse Adelman,
2
3 > Any suggestions? When faced with a similar problem in the distant past,
4 > I've grabbed the old ebuild from CVS for mythtv (and plugins) and put
5 > it in an overlay, but that seems so inelegant...
6
7 Why? Overlays are for ebuilds not in the portage tree, and this ebuild is
8 no longer in the portage tree. You'll also need
9 ">media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p13288" in /etc/portage/package.mask to prevent
10 portage trying to upgrade.
11
12 Or you could let the current version of mythtv be installed, it's working
13 fine here :)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 We are sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary.