From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB stick recognition problem
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 22:27:45
1 On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:52:12 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > > So, I think it's a timing problem as Paul has suggested in a later
4 > > mail. Where can I set the delay_use option of usb-storage to a higher
5 > > value?
6 >
7 > I think you must first ensure usb-storage is built as a module, then
8 > create a file /etc/modprobe.d/usb_storage with these contents:
9 >
10 > options usb_storage delay_use=5
11
12 You can set options for built in modules too, by adding them to the
13 kernel line in your boot loader, e.g.
14
15 usb_storage.delay_use=5
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Celery is not food. It is a member of the plywood family.