From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.0 and oldconfig
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:16:21
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:51:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> It is a good point. I would like to be able to give some more details
6 >> other than when I try to download a file in Firefox or Seamonkey, I get
7 >> a kernel panic. That's not really a lot of info to give them and I'm
8 >> not sure what they could do with the little info. Since it is using
9 >> the network, is it a nic driver?
10 >>
11 > Do you have another NIC you could try, one with a different chipset?
16 I'm thinking about trying that next. I just hate to bust the sides off
17 both rigs. It would be my luck I would do something to break them
18 both. o_O
19
20 I'm not sure it is the nic tho. It downloads just fine when emerge is
21 fetching files. I'm not saying it isn't tho. I really don't know what
22 it is. I'm also keeping in mind that the nic is built onto my mobo. I
23 have never had good luck with a built in nic. On my old rig, it never
24 worked right. That's why it has cards in it too.
25
26 It's on the todo list of things to try. Just getting my nerve up.
27
28 Dale
29