From: zless <zless@×××××.site>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 19:34:41
1 Hello all,
2
3 I'm trying to have the Gentoo Live CD ISO as a recovery media in grub.
4
5 I tried all the options I could think off in a custom grub menu entry like
6 this:
7
8 menuentry "Gentoo ISO" {
9 set cmdline="root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc dokeymap looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot initrd=gentoo.igz BOOT_IMAGE=gentoo"
10 loopback loop /path/to/iso/install-amd64-minimal-20180206T214502Z.iso
11 linux (loop)/isolinux/gentoo $cmdline isoloop=/image.squashfs initrd=gentoo.igz vga=791 BOOT_IMAGE=gentoo
12 initrd (loop)/isolinux/gentoo.igz
13 }
14
15 It boots the live CD kernel, it even asks for the keymap but then it fails to mount the root device.
16
17 Any idea how to properly boot the iso from grub?