From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No direcotry, logging in with HOME=/?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:54:15
1 On Thursday 03 September 2009 22:41:29 Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > No direcotry, logging in with HOME=/ is this a mount issue. Ican start
3 > gentoo but nothing works, cannot start firefox, console etc... I get the no
4 > direcotry message when I log in using console.
7 Three options:
8
9 The file system containing /home is not mounted when you log in
10 Your home directory was never created (useradd needs -m to do that)
11 Your home directory as per fstab does not agree with what it's actually called
12 (perhaps you renamed your home directory)
13
14 Either way, what the system thinks is your home directory isn't there.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com