From: Bob Young <RKY@×××××.Net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd is too noisy in syslog
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:35:43
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: William Kenworthy [mailto:billk@×××××××××.au]
3 Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 5:42 AM
4 To: gentoo-user List
5 Subject: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd is too noisy in syslog
6
7 Since a recent update to dhpcd, my logs are filling up with these
8 messages (every 30 seconds). The previous version wasnt so verbose, but
9 I cant see where to modify the behaviour of the newer version - there
10 seems like there is no quiet flag. Any suggestions?
11
12 Apr 22 20:34:22 moriah dhcpcd[19738]: eth0: renewing lease of
13 203.59.216.218
14 Apr 22 20:34:22 moriah dhcpcd[19738]: eth0: leased xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for
15 60 seconds
16 Apr 22 20:34:22 moriah dhcpcd[19738]: eth0: adding IP address
17 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24
18 Apr 22 20:34:22 moriah dhcpcd[19738]: eth0: adding default route via
19 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx metric 0
23 Maybe there is something I'm missing but the first line says that dhcpcd is
24 *renewing* the lease on eth0. If that's in fact what is happening every
25 30-60 seconds, then there is something wrong with what dhcpcd
26 received/interpreted the lease duration to be. The second line seems to
27 confirm this in that dhcpcd believes it leased the received address for 60
28 seconds. It looks like either the dhcp server's lease duration is badly
29 misconfigured, or dhcpcd is not interpreting the data it receives from the
30 dhcp server correctly wrt lease duration.
31
32 Regards,
33 Bob Young
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list