From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plasma-desktop-5.12.4 build process hangs
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 00:49:43
1 On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
2 wrote:
3
4 > A friend has commissioned me to install Gentoo on one of their machines
5 > for
6 > them. I'm trying to run some final updates before I turn it back over to
7 > them,
8 > but it keeps hanging on plasma-desktop-5.12.4 after linking
9 > kcm_fontinst.so
10 > (see attachment).
11 >
12 > Anyone know what's going wrong? Is this just a bug in the ebuild, maybe?
13 > --
14 > Elijah Mark Anderson
15 > mark@××××××.name
16 > --
17 > 「塵も積もれば山となる。」
18 > "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb
21 I had this happen an hour ago. Some sort of deadlock. Rebuild
22 kde-frameworks/ki18n
23 but apply the patch from
24 https://github.com/KDE/ki18n/commit/9c32bdab29b345976eee3b9c1c4bebd76cdcdde2.patch
25 .