From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bluez 5 not connecting
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 01:12:28
1 On 04/24/14 01:06, James wrote:
2 > William Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
5 >> The bluez-5 stack is causing me some problems.
6 >> What am I missing/misunderstanding?
7 >
8 > These wireless protocols, have many versions (variants) and
9 > nuances via the prticular hardware that is used. Some light
10 > reading might better postion you?
13 > https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/woot07/tech/full_papers/
14 > spill/spill_html/index.html
15 >
16 > http://www.ti.com/tool/packet-sniffer
17 >
18 > net-wireless/bluez-hcidump (never tried this one)
21 > I would think that there should be some open-source Bluetooth packet
22 > sniffers that may help diagnose the problem.
23 >
24 > I was able to find :
25 >
26 > MAC Address Prefix Manufacturer
27 > 001103 kawamura electric inc.
30 > using the MAC address. Perhaps an email to their tech support
31 > descriping your problems might help?
32 >
33 > I suggest you dissect the packets and hardware and look for the issue
34 > to your problem. Can you move the BT device to a winblozs box and
35 > see if it works? Amplifiers die all the time, particularly if they
36 > are overheated or fed noisy power......
37 >
38 > could be hardware or software related..... dissect the pieces,
39 >
40 > HTH,
41 > good_hunting!
42 > James
46 I was able to get it working manually - gentoo's init scripts are out of
47 date with bluez 5, blutoothctl is broken (or probably just poorly
48 documented which equates to the same thing if the command doesn't work) .
49
50 In bluetoothctl:
51 power on
52 scan on
53 agent on
54 default-agent
55 pair <dev_id>
56 trust <dev_id>
57 exit
58
59 In a shell:
60 rfcomm bind rfcomm0 <dev_id>
61
62 do serial port stuff with /dev/rfcomm0
63
64 rfcomm unbind rfcomm0
65
66 bluetoothctl connect command does not work - connects and immediately
67 disconnects with an error
68 gentoo's rfcomm initscript has removed the -f flag which bluez 5 does
69 not have, but it also looks like the bind all in the 5.17 ebuild is also
70 not supported by late bluez5 so it immediately exits and no rfcomm
71 device is created.
72
73 Ive adapted my python script to the changes now - but the pairing does
74 not survive restarting bluetooth so I'll need an expect script to set it
75 up each bluetooth re-init as it looks like there are no scripting hooks
76 in bluetoothctl.
77
78 BillK