From: "Carter
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] portage problems
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:02:55
1 Dale:
2
3 Thanks for the input, I have successfully resolved the pam-login issue,
4 I have to adjusted all the /etc/pam.d entry to remove the pam_stack
5 entry and update them with "<type> include system-auth".
6
7 I just removed the dhcpcd-2.0.0 since it is not part of the system tree
8 anymore.
9
10 I am still working on the python and modutils. As far as updates I just
11 inherited this server at work so, I don't really know when it was last
12 updated.
13
14 Thanks for the great information and input.
15
16 Dwayne Carter
19 -----Original Message-----
20 From: Dale [mailto:dalek1967@×××××××××.net]
21 Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 3:06 AM
22 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
23 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage problems
24
25 Carter, Dwayne wrote:
26 > << SNIP >>
27 > [blocks B ] <dev-lang/python-2.3.6-r2 (is blocking
28 app-admin/python-updater-0.2)
29 >
30 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/pam-login (is blocking
31 sys-apps/shadow-4.0.18.1-r1)
32 > [blocks B ] <net-misc/dhcpcd-2.0.0 (is blocking
33 sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r5)
34 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/modutils (is blocking
35 sys-apps/module-init-tools-3.4)
36 > << SNIP >>
37
38 Normally I would say unmerge the blocks and emerge the blockers and
39 update them first. However, I'm not sure about that pam-login one. If
40 you do unmerge that one, do NOT logout until you have it updated. I
41 would recommend switching to another console and logging in to make sure
42 it works too.
43
44 > [ebuild U ] dev-libs/expat-2.0.1 [1.95.6-r1]
45
46 Oh no, is that the one I think it is. You may want to search the forums
47 for the expat update. Let me know if you can't find it. Has it been a
48 while since you updated?
49
50 Maybe someone else will see something else and chime in.
51
52 Dale
53
55 --