From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] UEFI boot, again
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:26:52
1 Greets,
2
3 could someone please show me the exact content of his
4 EFI-boot-partition, especially the stuff for gentoo?
5
6 Yesterday my main SSD crashed, the support of company XXX told me to
7 erase the CMOS of the board ... zap .. that were my EFI-settings ... and
8 the EFI-boot-partition is on the SSD .... I was able to recover it but
9 somehow I don't get it right ...
10
11 all that /boot/efi /boot/efi/EFI bla ... and all the howtos I google
12 slightly differ and I just can't make it work right now.
13
14 I want to boot a gentoo-installation on /dev/md3 ... no separate /boot.
15 The EFI-boot-partition is /dev/sda5.
16
17 Pls point me at some working instructions ... I tend to use EFI as I
18 have both hdds partitioned with GPT.
19
20 Right now I boot using a USB-stick and manually pointing at the grub.cfg
21 from there ... *sigh*
22
23 Thanks in advance, Stefan
24
25 ps: I am a bit ill and rather overworked, this might make understanding
26 harder this time ;)