From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange error during boot
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:04:49
1 On Thu, February 12, 2009 10:52 am, John covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I just upgraded a gentoo system from about August 2008 to current
3 > -- including updating baselayout and openrt and now when I boot I get
4 > a series of messages quite early in the boot modprobe: fatal /sys is
5 > not mounted. Eventually it does boot and all seems to work with the
6 > exception of the script for my hsfmodem, but I am curious as to what
7 > those message mean and if there is a way to fix them.
8 >
9 > Any assistance would be appreciated.
10
11 Did you include sysfs support to your kernel and do you have a directory
12 '/sys'? (SYSFS)
13 This can be found in: File systems / Pseudo filesystems in the kernel
14 configuration.
15
16 The '/sys' filesystem is as important as '/proc' these days.
19 Joost Roeleveld