From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mount cdrom: No buffer space available
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:30:46
1 On 22 Nov 2007, at 09:18, Thufir wrote:
2 > ...
3 > arrakis ~ #
4 > arrakis ~ # mount -a
5 > arrakis ~ #
6 > arrakis ~ # mount /mnt/cdrom
7 > mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
8 > mount: No buffer space available
9 > arrakis ~ #
10 > arrakis ~ # mount /mnt/cdrom1
11 > mount: block device /dev/cdrom1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
12 > mount: No buffer space available
13 > arrakis ~ #
14 > arrakis ~ # mount /mnt/cdrw1
15 > mount: block device /dev/cdrw1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
16 > mount: No buffer space available
17 > arrakis ~ #
18 ...
19
20 A Google seems to suggest that "mount: No buffer space available" is
21 commonly returned when the device is already mounted.
22
23 The manpage for `mount` indicates that `mount -a` will mount all
24 devices listed in /etc/fstab, so your output suggests to me that the
25 CD drives are mounted when you issue this command - no wonder they
26 fail when you try to mount them again separately!
27
28 I don't use optical drives very much under Linux, so please forgive
29 me if I'm mistaken. I'd think that `df` would show the mount status
30 of optical drives, so IMO it'd be useful to post the output of `mount
31 -va && df && mount -v /mnt/cdrom`
32
33 Stroller.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list