From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to install viewvc w/o apache and related cruft?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 03:26:11
1 On 2011-04-01, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 20:40:33 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> How do I convince portage that viewvc does not require an external web
5 >> server and I don't want apache or webappconifg installed?
6 >
7 > It's a web app,
8
9 Yes, it can be a "web app". It can also be run stand-alone using its
10 own web server with no external dependancies other than python and
11 support for the VC system you want to use. It seems a bit un-Gentoo
12 to allow only the former option rather than give the user a choice.
13
14 > so I'm not surprised it depends on a web server.
15
16 I am, since it doesn't require a separate web server, it shouldn't
17 depend on a separate web server.
18
19 > Try putting apache in /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.
20
21 That seems like a kludge that's likely to cause problems later. ISTM
22 that the ebuild is broken. I'll have to take a shot at fixing the
23 ebuild so it doesn't depend on apache and webapp-config unless you
24 install it USE flags telling it you want it to use apache and
25 webapp-config.
28 Grant