From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3.7.1 SATA errors
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:28:07
1 On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Bruce Hill
3 > <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:23:35AM -0800, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
5 >> <snip, whack, d200d, cough, spit>
6 >>
7 >> Puhleeeze don't put such long stuff in an email. Have you heard of attachments?
8 >> pastebins?
11 > Felix,
12 > Personally, after years reading LKML, I have no problem with
13 > in-line text of _any_ length, especially on the initial post or when
14 > you are asked to respond with detailed info. While I understand
15 > Bruce's comment I don't think it represents a democratic picture of
16 > what this list has been comfortable with over the years.
17
18 Agreed.
21 > That said, what I do have a BIG problem with is people responding
22 > and not taking the time to edit the response down to a few lines that
23 > make it clear about what their point is. Many responses to 1000 line
24 > emails are 1001 lines - the responder adds a one-liner. That's a real
25 > waste.
26
27 Guilty. To be fair, I try to properly snip and edit when I can, but if
28 I'm responding from my phone (more often than not, of late), getting
29 that kind of editing work in is very difficult.
32 :wq