From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: rdalek1967@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:45:29
1 On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 07:10:49 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > So let's get this straight. You want most everyone on this list to
5 > change what they have to do to remove dups caused by you, instead of
6 > you changing what you do to fix the problem?
7
8 Everyone else is okay with it, as only one in a thousand speaks up
9 about it; the problem rather is with that 0.1% than that it is with me,
10 as I just use mailing lists as they are supposed to be used.
11
12 > To put it another way, you want to inconvenience everyone else
13 > instead of doing things the way everyone else does it and has done it
14 > for a long time?
15
16 That's what the Reply-To header mungling does; it makes you unable to
17 tell me through the Reply-To header what you want, and as a result I
18 need to use the default than to be able to automatically respect it.
19
20 As can be seen, that is an automatic guarantee that it will reach you.
21
22 Just as well as the automatic guarantee that the same Message ID is the
23 same message; and thus, your mail client should be filtering duplicates.
24
25 > Here's a hint. I can see a LOT of people adding you to their
26 > blacklist. You could very well end up talking to yourself on this
27 > mailing list.
28
29 Here's a hint. Lots of people appear to respond to me.
32 With kind regards,
33
34 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
35 Gentoo Developer
36
37 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
38 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
39 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D