From: Peter Gordon <admin@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using g++ instead of gcc to build abiword
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:02:09
1 Robert Persson said:
2 > suggests that these would be cured if I were to build abiword using g++
3 > instead of gcc. How can I do this in portage? Do I need to emerge
4 > anything to be able to use g++?
5
6 Nope. You should have it by default, since it's part of GCC.
7
8 I'm not certain, but try adding 'CC=g++' to your /etc/make.conf file when
9 doing this. Actually, it may be a better idea to this with the ebuld only,
10 as you probably don't want to use g++ as your C compiler. In that case you
11 could add 'CC=g++' to the econf call in the src_compile function in the
12 .ebuild file.
13
14 Hope that gelps!
15 --