From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [urgent] openpty out of pty devices
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:04:48
1 On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:53:57 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > I've managed to make one of my systems next to unusable since I cannot
4 > start an xterm anymore.
5 > In the logs I get "opentty failed out of pty devices"
6
7 Add udev-mount to the sysinit runlevel, like the emerge message told you.
8
9 This is why I set portage to email me all ewarn messages, so I don't miss
10 important information like this.
11
12 How long will it be before portage tweets ewarns instead?...
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.