From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [slightly O/T] mysql problems
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:21:41
1 On 10/14/2014 11:54 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > This may be slightly off topic, but I thought of asking here first. I noticed
5 > two problems, one specific to a particular database, the other more general.
6 > In reverse order:
9 > 1. I am getting this error when I start mysqld
10 >
11 > 141014 19:41:38 [Warning] /usr/sbin/mysqld: unknown option '--loose-federated'
12
13 Did you compile with the 'extraengine' USE flag? It's required for
14 federated engine support.
15
16 > 141014 19:41:37 InnoDB: Error: trying to open a table, but could not
17 > InnoDB: open the tablespace file
18 > './website1@002dnew/webform_validation_rule_components.ibd'!
21 Does this file (and directory) exist?
24 > Is this some error imported from the live site, or is it due to something
25 > being wrong locally?
26
27 Most likely the live website stores its files in a different place. I'm
28 not sure how to fix that, though. I would imagine the error text gives
29 hints. (DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE - I've never used
30 them.) Then again, I only use mysql for pretty basic stuff.
31
32 Dan