From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Gentoo as ESXi guest: how to install vmware-tools/open-vm-tools?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:27:47
1 On 02-Nov-12 19:50, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >> All I expect from vmware/open-vm-tools is ability for clean
3 >> shutdown of gentoo-guest in similar way as I can do it with
4 >> windows-guest. How can I achieve this?
5 >
6 > You mean shut the guest down via ESXi management console? If you, try
7 > installing acpid inside the guest and add it to the default runlevel.
8
9 I have it running and created /etc/acpi/event/power :
10 event=button/power.*
11 action=/sbin/shutdown -h now
12
13 But I do not know how to trigger short power-button press.
14 In vSphere-Client "shutdown guest" is still grey, and
15 when I click on "Power->PowerOff", it is just powered off,
16 without shutdown (as if power-button was pressed for long
17 time). I suppose vmware-tools are needed for this...
18
19 Jarry
20 --
22 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
23 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.