From: Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distrowatch and gentoo......
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:03:52
1 Hi,
2 thank you for posting me your thoughts. I think it too that this
3 community is very active and producing a very productive distro.
4
5 Thanks guys,
6 Marco
7
8 On 6/30/06, Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > On 6/30/06, Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > Hi list,
11 > > i've recently read this short article on distrowatch:
12 > >
13 > > http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060626#news
14 > >
15 > > What about these problems? Someone that's more inside the Gentoo
16 > > decision process, can explain better what's (if it is true) happening?
19 > Well, the guy got the attention he wanted.
20 > If you follow GWN, you can see devs that come to the project, and
21 > others leave, that's only natural, and if you leave a project, you
22 > simply do not post the entire web with reasons that can only be taken
23 > as highly personal and regarding the human relations inside Gentoo
24 > Project. Why aren't the other developers answering? I have only one
25 > guess... They really don't care... The project is going on and see
26 > lots of discussions and improvements at all topics on the mailing
27 > lists and foruns. Gentoo is not dying, not even loosing strenght. Its
28 > growing, and growing is painfull, we all know that.
29 >
30 > Now, distrowatch should pay more attention before posting news that
31 > can lead to misunderstanding, probably the dev that left the project
32 > had better relations inside distrowatch than inside Gentoo development
33 > project ;)
34 >
35 > --
36 > Daniel da Veiga