From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - SSL certificate authorities
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:33:53
1 kashani wrote:
2 > Antoine wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >> We are going to set up ssl on a webserver at work and I guess that
6 >> means we need a certificate... does anyone have any useful
7 >> alternatives to Verisign? Are they really worth the name?
8 >> We are not going to be doing any monetary transactions but our clients
9 >> are very security conscious (who isn't!) and I have no experience in
10 >> these matters. I am certain the boss will want verisign, as he buys a
11 >> lot of stuff just for the name but if I can offer him a comparable
12 >> alternative at a fraction of the cost he may go for it.
13 ...
14 Thanks for all your suggestions. I think we will just go for a
15 self-signed because, at the end of the day, all our clients know us, and
16 trust us.
17 Thanks again
18 Antoine
19 --