From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot has no space left.
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 23:16:56
1 On 14/07/2022 23:51, Guillermo García wrote:
2 > Hello again guys, how are you? I hope you're fine.
3 >
4 > I remember someone told me a program to use to remove old kernels in
5 > order to get more space on /boot, i tried to search the original message
6 > that the guy sent me trough this list, but i cannot find it.
7 >
8 > Here's a screenshot of my /boot folder:
9 >
10 > I guess the kernel version i use is this one:
11 >
12 > Could someone tell me a method to remove the old kernels in order to get
13 > more space in /boot?
14 >
15 What kernels are in your grub.cfg / boot menu. If they're not in there,
16 just delete them from /boot.
17
18 It's normal to have your latest kernel in the boot menu, and one backup
19 kernel.
20
21 So, for every kernel NOT in your boot list, cd into /boot and, as root,
22 do "rm -i *x.y.z*" where x.y.z is the kernel version you want to get rid
23 of. It'll query what files it's going to delete, but so long as it looks
24 sensible, say "y" and get rid of it.
25
26 It looks like you've got seven kernels there, so five sevenths space
27 freed up is quite a lot ...
28
29 Cheers,
30 Wol