From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hints for using Unison?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:59:14
1 On 7/31/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So far I cannot even kill the thing. kill -9 pid or killall -9 unison
4 > act like they killed it but ps aux says the process is still there.
5 > It's even there if I try killing the gui in Gnome. The gui goes away
6 > but the process persists.
7 >
8 > Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > Mark
14 Even worse, I cannot even reboot the machine after this event. I have
15 to hit the reset button. Bummer.
16
17 Possibly this problem is really an NFS issue or a 1394 issue? Neither
18 of these are overly tested, at least on my system under Gentoo. I ran
19 the same system with FC2 for quite awhile. 1394 worked fine as far as
20 I could tell, but I never used NFS much and I only jsut set up NFS
21 today to try out Unison so maybe it's one of those systems causing the
22 problem?
23
24 So far I haven't found a log file, most probably because the program
25 crashes before it can do anything.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Mark