From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power loss when emerging
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:22:13
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 03:38 pm, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
2 > Hi all, I had a doubt, I got a power loss when emerging gcc....
3 > it was almost at final, when I do a emerge --resume, it beguns all
4 > over again.... so my doubt is if there a way to continue compilation
5 > from where it stops.
8 Nope. The assumption is that there was an error in the previous build so it
9 starts over with that package. Even if you were to try the lower level
10 ebuild command to try to manually kick it I don't think you'd be successful
11 because it was still in the middle of an emerge phase when the failure
12 occurred.
13
14 Just --resume and get yourself a cup of coffee, grab a smoke, go out to
15 dinner, etc., and look forward to it being done when you get back.
16
17 Besides, gcc is part of the build tool chain so you really wouldn't want it to
18 be broken in any way as it may (probably would) cause you more headaches down
19 the road if portage weren't completely happy with it.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list