From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd artifacts on screen
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:23:43
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:30:17 +0200
4 Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
5
6 > Recently I've noticed that I tend to get strange smudging effects on
7 > text displayed in X. I've attached a small (5k) .png that shows the
8 > effect (it's the smudge on the word "have").
9 > [...]
10 > (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
11 > [16 of these numbered up to 0x32]
12
13 Why does AIGLX complain when it's not being loaded (according to the
14 cited config)?
15
16 Anyway, I would start with checking
17 - is it Xft? Do have programs that use Xlib to write text (e.g. xterm)
18 the same problem? Is Xft up to date? Is freetype up to date?
19 Is /etc/fonts/conf.d/ in the desired state (not full of cruft like
20 mine)?
21 - is it your X server? Log in from a remote computer and use SSH X
22 forwarding to give it a try. Maybe running programs in Xnest is
23 sufficient to confirm whether it's your server.
24
25 -hwh
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list