From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Interrogate network for devices
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:41:36
1 On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Dale wrote:
3 > > reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 > > > It turned out to be a simple matter of cycling the various
5 > > > modem/router PC s in the right order. Once I got the help desk it
6 > > > took about 2 minutes to get things resolved. It was setup right just
7 > > > needed to recycle the Modem with router off.
8 > >
9 > > So that is why they told me to cut off everything then turn on in
10 > > sequence from the cable to the puter. Makes sense now.
11 >
12 > OK, spoke to a mate with a motorola modem. He logs in to the modem GUI on
13 > IP 192.168.0.100. Of course, since you have a different modem YMMV, unless
14 > Comcast ask all their hardware suppliers to configure the same LAN IP
15 > address.
16 >
17 > HTH.
18
19 More info. in case you're still looking for ways to get diagnostic data from
20 your modem - try the Java applet from Gentoo, or use a MS Windows machine:
21
22 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/docsdiag/
23 --
24 Regards,