From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Detecting frames at aspect-ratio-changes in a video file?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 08:40:36
1 On 2 July 2011, at 08:31, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Initially I wanted to know the frame numbers to navigate - guess what
4 > program ? :) - avidemux directly to the advertising parts of the video
5 > to cut that stuff out of my (visual) way :)))
6 > I didnt want to scroll through the video stuff to find
7 > advertsisings anymore…
8
9 You're doing it again! Wasn't this raised before?
10
11 I'm extremely sceptical of a plan to reimplement a media centre / home-theatre PC in bash scripts - just install MythTV and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
12
13 I'm surprised that detecting adverts is as simple, where you are, as detecting aspect ratio changes, because it ain't that easy elsewhere. But MythTV already has ad detection built-in. IIRC it uses different parameters for different countries / channels - in some places advertising can be identified by the lack of a channel logo that is watermarked in the corner of the screen over the TV show.
14
15 >> There's also a program that tries to detect advertising, IIRC also
16 >> using aspect changes as indicators. Its name escapes me ATM.
19 > Sorry when asking...I did not understand your last posting
20 > completly...I am no native English speaker.
21 >
22 > ATM??? IIRC??? And escape sequences...or? I think I am
23 > completly lost here….
24
25 ATM = at the moment
26 IIRC = if I recall correctly
27
28 "its name escapes me" = I can't remember its name
29
30 Stroller.