From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No-multilib media-libs/opencv-4.5.0 fails to install
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 07:42:34
1 On Thursday, 6 May 2021 19:25:11 BST you wrote:
2 > At some point in the install stage emerge tries to remove some python
3 > modules and fails:
4 >
5 > ==============
6 > rm: cannot remove 'modules/python3': No such file or directory
7 > =======================================
10 > Half way it complains about CPU optimisations:
11 > ==============================================
12 > RuntimeError: NumPy was built with baseline optimizations:
13 > (SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 POPCNT SSE42) but your machine doesn't support:
14 > (POPCNT).
15 > =========
16 >
17 > I've rebuilt numpy, but it made no difference.
18 >
19 > In any case it continues beyond that point, only to fail at the tail end.
20 > Log attached.
21 >
22 > Any idea what's wrong and how to move beyond this blocker?
23
24 I decided to apply an ugly hack as a workaround, to allow me to install
25 opencv. Bug report here:
26
27 https://bugs.gentoo.org/788712