From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server problem loading mouse driver
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 03:39:38
1 Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
2 > Im currently running Gentoo on an Athlon 4600+ dual core with 4Gig
3 > ram, nVidia 7600GS video card and USB keyboard and Trackman Wheel
4 > trackball. I just emerged xorg-server 1.4.0.90-r3 and when I try to
5 > startx I get an initialization screen with a pointer that fails to
6 > move. Afterwards I crtl-alt-backspace it shows an error message as
7 > follows:
8 > << SNIP >>
9 > Does anyone have any suggestions?
10 > Bob
13 You should have a line that looks something like this in your
14 /etc/make.conf file:
15
16 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
17
18 Since you use a trackball it may not be mouse but something else.
19 That's something to check at least. You may want to post the output of
20 emerge --info too, just in case.
21
22 Dale
23