From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from FX-5200 to a GeForce 6200 512MB
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:32:07
1 On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 10:24 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3 > > I'm having issues with the latest mix of nvidia-drivers, xorg, and
4 > > whatever else it might be!
5 > >
6 > > I'm getting bad performance when switching virtual dekstops and moving
7 > > windows and such. GL screensavers seem to be ok though.
8 >
9 > Same here. My fast desktop with Core i7 920, Nvidia GX 240, has a
10 > slower KDE UI than my 6-year-old laptop that has AMD Athlon 3200+ and
11 > ATI Radeon Mobility 9700. Simply opening a konsole window on my
12 > desktop with compositing enabled can take 2-3 seconds, when it is
13 > instant on the laptop.
14
15 the difference being that for me, it wasn't always like this. I used to
16 have a REALLY fast snappy UI, now it's a bit sluggish, so I assume it's
17 a version of some package, not just all nvidia drivers for this chip...
21 He who hates vices hates mankind.