From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switching from tux-on-ice kernel to gentoo kernel hibernation issue
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 08:40:10
1 On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:06:56 +0100, pat wrote:
2
3 > The HW is Dell Latitude e4310. I've tried hibernation script and also
4 > pm-hibernate script with same result (logs are included). The grub line
5 > is: kernel /boot/kernel-3.0.35-gentoo root=/dev/sda5
6 > resume=swap:/dev/sda6 video=uvesafb:off debug
7
8 The systax is different with tuxonice because it also supports resume
9 from a file. Try resume=/dev/sda5.
10
11 I switched from TOI to gentoo-sources some time ago, with no problems,
12 but I hardcode the swap partition into the kernel config.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Top Oxymorons Number 26: Software documentation