From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot boot 2.6.21-gentoo-r4
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:21:32
1 On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 17 July 2007 13:20, Billy McCann wrote:
3 > > Hi Mick. From what I understand, using oldconfig for major
4 > > version changes (.20 -> .21) is a bad idea. Here's what I did. It
5 > > may be slow and stupid but it worked like a charm.
6 >
7 > Sure, but I have been using oldconfig for previous major changes and
8 > never had a problem like this before.
9
10 Now you know why the kernel devs keep telling you not to do it, heh :-)
11
12 alan
15 Optimists say the glass is half full,
16 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
17 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
18
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
21 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list