From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM: Pro and Contra ?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:37:00
1 LVM let's you add space to volumes without having to create new partitions, move the data over, and then do something with the old one.
2 >
3 > From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
4 > Date: 2006/08/08 Tue PM 12:27:53 EDT
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM: Pro and Contra ?
9 > Hi,
10 >
11 > Soon I will change me system from PATA (80GB) to SATA (200GB). I am
12 > playing with installing LVM for all parts of the filesystem with the
13 > execption of the / -filesystem. May be I will convert this later,
14 > too, but one step after the other...
15 >
16 > But I have no idea about the Pros and Contras of using LVM instead of
17 > the classical fixed size partition scheme.
18 >
19 > Can someone point me to a text or something which explains this
20 > aspect of LVM ?
21 >
22 > I tried google but there far too many "Pro and Contra" texts about
23 > other things.....
24 >
25 > Thanks a lot in advance for any help in advance!
26 > mcc
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list