From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simple command line stuff
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 03:15:52
1 http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
4 On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:06:53 -0700
5 Mark Knecht wrote:
6
7 > Hi,
8 > I don't have a single book on Linux. (Amazing...) Can someone
9 > recommend a simple book on command line stuff, or better yet a good
10 > web site on this topic?
11 >
12 > For instance, I wanted to run a specific command on every file in a
13 > directory which will create a new file, so I need to do
14 >
15 > command file1.wav file1-convert.wav
16 >
17 > I need to take each name, create a new name to build the actual
18 > command that gets run and then do that for every file in the
19 > directory, or even in a hierarchy of directories.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 > Mark
23 >