From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and Java bringing X down
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:24:25
1 Bruno Lustosa wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > I find this most weird. Whenever I try to open firefox and then open a
5 > tab with a local Java applet, not only does firefox die, but it causes
6 > the X server to die with signal 8.
7 >
8 > I thought X clients shouldn't bring the X server down, but this is
9 > clearly what's happening here. I can reproduce it everytime.
10 > I don't even know where to start looking.
11 >
12 > Does anyone ever had a problem similar to this?
13 >
14 I've noticed the same thing starting last Tuesday (I'm ~x86).
15 Hopefully we can trace this down this weekend...
16
17 Roy
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list