From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: URGENT: nfs stopped working
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 23:03:04
1 On 04/30/2011 04:53 PM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 >
3 > I use nfs about twice/year to transfer large files between machines -- so
4 > I'm quite an expert at praying to the computer gods to "please let this nfs
5 > mount work just this one last time and I'll never bother you again, I promise!"
6 >
7 > I'm lying, of course, because I intend to do it again six months from now.
10 > Why not just use scp or sftp since its so infrequent?
11
12 I use scp all the time -- but It's The Principle Of The Thing(TM) :p
13
14 I never had any trouble with NFS until version 4 came along, and nothing *but*
15 trouble since then.
16
17 I figure if I invoke mount.nfs4, I shouldn't need to include the nfsvers=4
18 option in addition -- but that's what it has made me do.
19
20 At least until the last time I tried it about two weeks ago, when plain old
21 mount -t nfs seemed to work without any magic incantations. OTOH, I didn't
22 bother to investigate which nfs version actually connected. I just gave thanks
23 for the crumbs it tossed me and copied my files across ;)
24
25 OTOH sftp really is quite nifty...