From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] MS debug equivalent
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 03:47:10
1 On 7/1/06, Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > sorry for the OT. I've been using debug.exe (a little program for work
3 > with asm) at my college to learn about assembler and related
4 > concepts. Does anyone know some equivalent for linux?
5
6 If you want assembly on Linux, you can use 'as' to compile and 'ld' to
7 link. They are installed with binutils.
8 Also, I can recommend you the book "Programming from the ground up",
9 which covers assembly programming in Linux using standard tools. Its
10 goal is to try to teach assembly to someone without any prior
11 knowledge in any other computer language. Great book, this one...
12
13 http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pgubook/
16 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
17 ZCE - Zend Certified Engineer - PHP!