From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: TCP Queuing problem
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 17:23:46
1 > My web server's response time for http requests skyrockets every
2 > weekday between about 9am and 5pm. I've gone over my munin graphs and
3 > the only one that really correlates well with the slowdown is "TCP
4 > Queuing". It looks like I normally have about 400 packets per second
5 > graphed as "direct copy from queue" in munin throughout the day, but 2
6 > to 3.5 times that many are periodically graphed during work hours. I
7 > don't see the same pattern at all from the graph of all traffic on my
8 > network interface which actually peaks over the weekend. TCP Queuing
9 > doesn't rise above 400 packets per second all weekend. This is
10 > consistent week after week.
11 >
12 > My two employees come into work during the hours in question, and they
13 > certainly make frequent requests of the web server while at work, but
14 > if their volume of requests were the cause of the problem then that
15 > would be reflected in the graph of web server requests but it is not.
16 > I do run a small MTU on the systems at work due to the config of the
17 > modem/router we have there.
18 >
19 > Is this a recognizable problem to anyone?
22 I'm in the midst of this. Are there certain attacks I should check for?
23
24 - Grant