From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Remotely working on Gentoo systems
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 00:14:35
1 I've got two Gentoo boxes, and would like to run X apps from both on one
2 display. From reading up on it, it appears that while this is possible,
3 it's also not recommended from a security standpoint, and the few HOWTOs
4 I've found for it seem to be 4-6 years old. Can anyone tell me:
5
6 a) if this is a good idea in the first place,
7 b) should I be looking at VNC instead of remote X,
8 c) is there another option I should be looking at, and
9 d) if there is a good HOWTO on setting up whichever is the best to use
10 on a recent Gentoo system?
11
12 John Moe