From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT logitech mouse recommendation (MX1000 vs G7)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 01:07:23
1 On 7/7/06, Daniel Waeber <_wabu@×××.de> wrote:
2 > At least in my laptop the devices still work like they did before.
3 > I only got one problem right now: xorg does not start, if the mouse is
4 > inside the xorg.conf (using evdev driver) but not attached. but perhaps
5 > this is my fault.
6
7 Do you need to use the evdev driver? If not, just use the mouse
8 driver and point it at /dev/input/mice. That is what I do for my
9 logitech cordless. The touchpad uses the synaptics driver and an
10 event interface, while the USB mouse is using the standard mouse
11 driver and /dev/input/mice.
12
13 BTW, how is the mobility for the G7/MX1000? Do they come with bulky
14 cradles that one would have to carry around?
15
16 -Richard
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list