From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Orphan packages
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 20:11:48
1 On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:17:16 +0200, Leonid Podolny wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, is there an easy way to find orphan packages, i.e. installed
4 > packages that don't have repository behind? For example, if I used to
5 > have a layman overlay and now I deleted it, all the packages that
6 > belonged to that overlay are now orphans. I would like at least to get a
7 > list of those packages.
8
9 grep <overlayname> /var/db/pkg/*/*/repository
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 A woman walked into a bar and asked the barman for a large double
16 entendre, so he gave her one.