From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: new system hardware
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:25:27
1 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > I wasn't sure what he meant, either, although looking it up, it seems
3 > that the term "mineral oil" basically means "a petroleum based oil".
4 > In fact, according to Wikipedia [0], that holds even for the food
5 > product "mineral oil" - which, according to the same article (see
6 > "Food preparation"), is forbidden in the EU (at least in food
7 > products). However, in medical products mineral oil is apparently held
8 > to strict standards and translates to "Weißöl". So it seems your baby
9 > oil is fine, but the cooking oil I'm not so sure about. (And here I
10 > thought mineral oil was something akin to vegetable oil and that it
11 > just had a weird name.) [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_oil
12
13 I just looked at the bottle I use. ;-) The only ingredients is mineral
14 oil and fragrance. I wouldn't put that in a computer but you can buy
15 pure mineral oil off the internet. I don't like the smell anyway. lol
16 I have also seen it on the shelf as a laxative too. I've never used it
17 for that either. I just know it helps keep my skin from drying out
18 since I have severe psoriasis among other issues.
19
20 I wouldn't cook with mineral oil tho. Yikes. lol That even sounds
21 nasty there.
22
23 I'm not sure I would put cooking oil in a puter either tho it may work.
24 I dunno about that tho. I just remember them using mineral oil in those
25 very expensive undersea robots. Some of those cost millions of dollars
26 and I figure they wouldn't put mineral oil in there if it is going to
27 burn out something. That would overcome the problem of a bad short and
28 possible smoke if water leaks on the mobo in a water cooled system. It
29 does introduce other issues but that is true of most things. Fix one
30 problem, create another. Nothing is perfect.
31
32 Dale
33
37 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!